Updated: 5th March 2021
The safety of our customers, their families and our staff are our top priority at DGSS.
Please note: as part of our policies we have included guidance from our governing bodies New Zealand Swim Teacher and Coaches Association and Sport New Zealand.
As such, we would like to ask that you observe the following guidelines and recommendations:
- If you your child or anyone who is attending the facility with you is sick (this also includes regular coughing or sneezing), please stay at home. We will be screening all customers and staff as they come into the facility.
- In the event that you are being tested for Covid-19 please stay home and do not come into the facility.
- If you are unable to attend lessons please make sure you notify the facility either before the lesson or within 24hours of the missed class so that you can be issued with a make up voucher, please see note below regarding make ups.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entry, please use this as you enter the facility
- Please ensure that you cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently, use soap and wash for 20seconds, then dry.
- We encourage any attending the facility to wear their own mask. Please note: masks cannot be worn in the pool due to Health & Safety issues, masks are not available at DGSS.
- If you are using the Baby changing stations please ensure you disinfect these before and after use, spray bottles will be provided.
- Swim School equipment during lessons will be limited to kickboards and noodles only during this time. Equipment will be regularly disinfected by DGSS staff members.
- All families will need to ensure that we have the correct contact details for your family.
- All customers are encouraged to use the New Zealand Government Covid-19 Tracing app to record a visit at the facility by scanning the QR Code displayed at the entry, alternatively customers can sign in on the Contact Tracing Register which will be located at the entry desk.
- Observe physical distancing on poolside by ensuring you are seated at least 1 meter from other customers. Sites with chairs available will be spaced out, please leave them where they are. Sites that have bench seating will show an X to mark appropriate distancing.
- Observe physical distancing in changing rooms by ensuring you are at least 1 meter from other customers. We ask that you consider showering and changing at home, if this isn’t possible please limit your time in the changing rooms to 5 minutes. There will be X markers used in changing rooms, if there is not one available please wait outside the changing room until a customer exits the changing room.
- When waiting for lessons students will be required to stand behind the indicated line on pool deck to ensure that physical distancing is observed, and effective transitions of classes can be carried out.
- There will be specific entry and exits doors at some sites to assist with physical distancing, please follow the signage.
- We ask that only one adult/caregiver per family group attends swimming lessons with their child/ren.
- If you and your child is comfortable to do so, you are able to drop your child at reception or swim school office for lessons and leave the facility. You will need to ensure you are back in time to collect them at the end of their lesson.
Make Up Lessons
- Make up lessons cannot be booked for use under Alert Level 2. The standard Make Up policy applies, with notifying an absence either prior to the lesson or within 24hours of the class. Any make up lessons issued during this time or that expired during lockdown, or that will expire during level 2 will be extended and will be able to be used within 1month of moving to Alert Level 1.
- Any classes cancelled that were scheduled between 28th February - 6th March 2021 will receive a make up voucher for replacement of class. These make ups will be able to be booked once we return to Level 1 and will have an expiry date of 3 months. If you would prefer a credit, you need to let us know by Saturday 6th March.
- Only sealed packaging of food & beverages are able to be purchased during Alert Level 2.
- Water fountains will not be available for use during this time.
- Full contact details for the party organiser must be provided prior to the booking date. All users will be required to observe physical distancing.
- Goggles intended to be purchased will not be available to be tried on prior to being paid for. As our standard policy, Goggles will also not be available to be given for lend use.
High Risk Individuals
- People over the age of 70, or anyone with a pre-existing medical condition are at higher risk of infection and severe illness, so we encourage you to stay at home.
- Our preference is for fees to be paid via Automatic Payment or Internet Banking. Other payments can be done using EFTPOS or credit card, please avoid using cash when possible. Please note: Paywave is not available.
- If you have any feedback or concerns please speak to a team member and complete a Customer Feedback form, this will be followed up by the Manager within 24hours.
Standard Facility Guidelines
- All standard facilities guidelines still apply.
Please note: Guidelines will stay in place to such time alert levels or restrictions change.