Updated 26th August 2020
The safety of you and your family, other customers and our staff is paramount to DGSS.
We are committed to ensuring that we can provide a safe environment at all of our facilities. We will be strictly following all New Zealand Government set guidelines and taking all necessary precautions in order to ensure our commitment to you is met.
Please note due to the fluid and changing situation we will constantly re-evaluating and updating measures from guidance for the New Zealand Government as well as our governing bodies, NZSCTA, Swimming New Zealand & Sport New Zealand.
Actions that we have put into place at DGSS:
We have increased the frequency of our daily cleaning and disinfection schedule of all common surfaces that are touched i.e. door handles, taps, work surfaces etc multiple times per day.
All staff will be trained and briefed upon returning to work around Health & Safety procedures as well as given guidance around personal hygiene as recommended by Ministry of Health.
We will be temporarily limiting the equipment used in lessons to noodles and kick boards only and these will sanitised and cleaned between classes. The chlorine in our pool water also acts as a disinfectant.
Chlorine levels are being maintained and testing is carried out every 2-3 hours. We ensure that our water quality is compliant with the New Zealand Pool Water Quality Standards 5826: 2010. We also undergo regular independent checks which is carried out at all of our facilities.
Updated our policy around screening sickness for staff and customers
- We will continue to advise customers and staff that if they are sick that they are to stay home, this will be included in our customer emails and also signage displayed at sites.
- We will be extra vigilant on screening anyone coming into the facility. Anyone who appears to be visibly sick on site we will be asked to leave the facility. If this applies to someone who is in a lesson they will be removed from the pool and will be issued with a make-up lesson to use once they are fully covered. A Health & Safety Report will be completed if someone appears to be sick and is asked to leave.
Facilities may need to be adapted to ensure physical distancing of 1 metre is observed. This includes
- X markers on the floor for customers queuing at reception
- Tape lines around pool deck to ensure child wait behind prior to entering the water for lessons, this will help with managing transitions of classes.
- Poolside seats will be spaced 1m apart or bench seats will have X marker indicators
- Facilities will display a New Zealand Covid-19 Tracing QR Code at the entry door. We encourage customers to use the app to record a visit, alternatively you can sign in on our Contact Tracing Register.
- Facilities will ensure that there are no more than 100 people on site at one time.
- We will ask customer that only one adult/caregiver per family group attends swimming lessons with their child/ren.
- Where possible we will aim reduce class numbers and keep small class size ratios.
Make Up Lessons
- Make up lesson bookings will be temporarily suspended at Alert Level 2. The standard Make Up policy applies, with notifying an absence either prior to the lesson or within 24hours of the class. Any make up lessons issued during this time will be extended and will be able to be used within 1month of moving to Alert Level 1.
Facilities will have update to date signage
- Instructors will be spaced in the pool to allow for adequate distance between other classes and instructors as practicably possible.
- Downtime limited and rotations will be adapted to ensure swimmers are moving constantly and are not standing in a group for long periods of time
- Additional support teachers will be provided to assist with physical distancing and class movement when needed and available
with reminders about the following:
- Customer Guidelines
- Signing in upon entry
- Hand washing and hygiene protocol
- Stay home if your are sick
- Coughing and sneezing into elbows
To view a full version of our DGSS Alert Level 2 Policies & Procedures, please click here.
Our standard Health & Safety measures still apply, for more information about these please contact us on 0800 SWIM NOW.
Watch Our Video On What To Expect At DGSS Lessons At Alert Level 2